Biological Effects of Low Level Exposures (BELLE) is an organization of scientists representing federal agencies, the International Society of Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, the private sector, and academia...develop[ing] a strategy to encourage the assessment of the biological effects of low level exposures to chemical agents and radioactivity. (http://www.belleonline.com/; accessed 9/24/02)
Sponsors and Supporters of their Non-Linearity Conference include:
- AWWA Research Foundation
- CRC Press
- Dow Corning
- Exxon Mobil
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Philip Morris, Inc.
- Rohm and Haas Co.
- R.J. Reynolds
(http://www.belleonline.com/sponsorsAndSupporters.html; accessed 9/24/02)
Science Advisory Committee Members include:
- Edward J. Calabrese, Ph.D.,
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- James Robert Beall, Ph.D., U.S. Department of Energy
- Michael P. Bolger, Ph.D., U.S. FDA
- Joseph Borzelleca, Ph.D., Medical College of Virginia
- James S. Bus, Ph.D., Dow Chemical Company
- Ralph Cook, M.D., Dow Corning Corporation
- J. Michael Davis, Ph.D., U.S. EPA
- Christopher DeRosa, ATSDR
- David J. Doolittle, Ph.D., R.J. Reynolds
- Max Eisenberg, Ph.D., Center for Indoor Air Research
- William Farland, Ph.D., U.S. EPA
- John Graham, Ph.D., Harvard School of Public Health
- William F. Greenlee, Ph.D., CIIT, Centers for Health Research
- Ron W. Hart, Ph.D., National Center for Toxicological Research
- A.Wallace Hayes, Ph.D., Gillette Company
- Wayne Jonas, M.D., USUHS
- John G. Keller, Ph.D., Consultant
- Roger 0. McClellan, D.V.M., Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology
- Myron Pollycove, M.D., US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Stephen M. Roberts, Ph.D., University of Florida
- Harry Salem, Ph.D., U. S. Army
- Lester Smith, Ph.D., Agency for Toxic Substance and Disease Registry
- Donald E. Stevenson, Ph.D., Dermigen, Inc.
- David G. Thomassen, Ph.D., U.S. Department of Energy
- John Ashby, Ph.D.,
Zeneca Central Toxicity Laboratory
Macclesfield Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Sadao Hattori, Ph.D.
Central Research Institute of Electric Power
- Zbigniew Jaworoski, Ph.D.
Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection
- Shu-Zheng Liu, M.D.
Norman Bethune University of Medical Sciences
- Franz Oesch, Ph.D.
University of Mainz-Institute of Toxicology
Mainz, Federal Republic of Germany
- Wim F. Passchier, Ph.D.
Health Council of the Netherlands
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
- Konrad Rydzynski, M.D., Ph.D.
Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine
- Masami Watanabe, Ph.D.
(http://www.belleonline.com/advisory.html; accessed 5/22/03)