Recipe: Teriyaki Salmon Bowl
April 1, 2016
Total time to prepare: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp. minced ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. dry sherry
- 1 Tbs. + 2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 6 oz. skinless salmon fillets
Make the teriyaki sauce:
- In a small pan, sauté the ginger and garlic in 1 tsp. of the oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sugar, sherry, and soy sauce. Mix the cornstarch with ¼ cup of water.
- Stir into the pan and cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
Make the fried rice:
- In a large nonstick skillet, stir–fry the broccoli in 1 tsp. of the oil over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, rice, and scallions. Stir-fry until hot, 1-2 minutes. Divide into 2 bowls.
- In the same skillet, sauté the salmon in the remaining 1 tsp. of oil until browned on one side, 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the salmon over, pour the teriyaki sauce over the fish, and cook for 1 minute. Divide into the bowls of fried rice.
Per serving (3 cups): calories 570 | total fat 21 g | sat fat 2.5 g | carbs 48 g | fiber 7 g | protein 46 g | sodium 650 mg