With unhealthy food omnipresent in check-out lines, vending machines, sporting events, and child care facilities, preventing childhood obesity should be a priority beyond the school day. These resources focus on promoting wellness in and out of school.
Local School Wellness Policies
- USDA Proposed Rule on Local School Wellness Policies
- USDA Fact Sheet on Local School Wellness Policies Proposed Rule
- School Wellness Policies Backgrounder
- Bridging the Gap Research on Local School Wellness Policies
- RWJF Research Brief: School Wellness Policies
- Model Wellness Policies
- Obesity and Other Diet-Related Diseases in Children
- Hunger and Obesity (by the Food Research and Action Center)
- Overweight and Obesity Among Latino Youths
- Overweight and Obesity Among African-American Youths
Please email email@example.com with questions.